Is a plant-based diet sufficient to reach sodium goals?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
This is part of my extended series on sodium. If you missed it, please check out:
• High Blood Pressure May Be a Choice (
• Sprinkling Doubt: Taking Sodium Skeptics with a Pinch of Salt (
• The Evidence that Salt Raises Blood Pressure (
• Sodium Skeptics Try to Shake up the Salt Debate (
• Shaking the Salt Habit (
• Sodium and Arterial Function: A-Salting our Endothelium (
If you’re already cutting out processed foods and still not reaching your blood pressure goals, see my last video, Wakame Seaweed Salad May Lower Blood Pressure ( and a few others:
• Hibiscus Tea vs. Plant-Based Diets for Hypertension (
• Flax Seeds for Hypertension (
• How to Prevent High Blood Pressure with Diet (
• How to Treat High Blood Pressure with Diet (
• Oxygenating Blood With Nitrate-Rich Vegetables (
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at You’ll also find a transcript of the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• HOW NOT TO DIE: